The Barren Librarian has nominated me for the Liebster Award. That’s fun. Super fun, actually. Thanks Barren Librarian! Here is how it works: I answer her 11 questions, then I nominate 11 more bloggers and post 11 of my own questions. Here goes:
1. What’s your favorite pizza?
All of the above. I love pizza, and we barely survived the dry spell that was nineteen months of bad pizza in North OC. Bad pizza. My favorite meat topping is absolutely pepperoni. My favorite pickled topping is jalapeños. My favorite veggie topping is going to be a bell pepper – red or green. It will depend on the other toppings. My favorite fruit topping is pineapple. My favorite combination these past few years has been brie, lightly dressed arugula and prosciutto. Yum.
2. What movie could you watch every day for the rest of your life and still not hate it?
None, probably, though I could watch Pride and Prejudice a lot. Bridget Jones Diary is lovely and I’ve seen many o’time. When I was sixteen I watched the Robin Hood movie with Kevin Costner over and over and over again. I should be British.
It appears as if I’ve been forced into the latter, though I would choose the former.
4. Favorite place to buy clothes?
The Banana/Gap franchise.
5. Mac or PC?
Mac. Just switched. Love it.
Oh, dear God. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Please, yes. Someplace with four seasons, progressive politics, an excellent library system, and a dedication to good food.
7. Favorite musical artist?
I don’t have one, but I am listening a lot to the Lumineers and Monsters of Men. Beck, Ryan Adams, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, Stevi Knicks and Jack White have been my friends for a very, very long time.
8. What cause would you champion (not necessarily IF related) if you were a rich and famous celebrity?
Women’s rights. If we exist in a post-feminist society it isn’t because we’ve achieved equal rights, it is because we’ve given up. That’s us. Our generation. The World Economic Forum releases an annual global gender gap report. The US ranks 22nd on the list behind countries such as Nicaragua, Lesotho, Cuba and Ireland. Did you know that of the 535 individuals in Congress only 16.8% are women? And that, my friends, is as high as it has ever been. The US is ranked 80th in the world in female political representation right behind Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia and Tajikistan, to name a few. This is why all those old, rich, ignorant, white men think they can make decisions about our uteri or rewrite the definition of rape. Another reason we lag so far behind other countries is because our maternal mortality rate is abysmal. It doesn’t matter how high the quality of the healthcare is. If women can’t access it for prenatal care it affects outcomes. Just as an FYI, this statistic primarily refers to women of color. For shame, US, for shame.
9. What number one celebrity would you marry if your significant other wasn’t in the picture?
George Clooney. Hands down. No question. Not because he is the hottest, but because he is the most awesome.
10. What words do you hate to say? (like moist-I have a friend who HATES saying moist)
11. Biggest pet peeve? (Is peeve one of the aforementioned words maybe?)
Smacking. Unfortunately my partner is really good at it. Sigh.
(Methodology: I went down the comments list of my most recent post, then down the list on my blogroll in the order in which WordPress lists them. I deleted those that were nominated on the Barren Librarian’s post, as well as KelBel’s post. I stopped at 11. I then alphabetized the list because that’s the way I roll. Every single one of you are amazing and wonderful, so I was impartial as humanly possible.)
- What is the last book you finished?
- If you were going to join the cast of any reality TV show, which would it be?
- Would you prefer an old house that has been renovated or a brand-spanking new house?
- What is the last movie you watched?
- Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area and would you move to another given the choice?
- Why did you breakup with the last BF/GF you dated before you met your current partner?
- Have you ever been in a protest?
- When was the last time you did something for the first time and what was it?
- If someone rented a billboard for you, what would you put on it?
- What’s the best meal you have had so far in 2012?
- Where was your last vacation?